- Waste Not is an Arizona nonprofit dedicated to creating sustainable food systems that help people and the planet flourish.
- For over 30 years, Waste Not has been reimagining and reinventing the food rescue process in Arizona. Through innovative partnerships with Valley businesses and other nonprofit organizations, we rescue perishable food before it goes to waste and get it to those in need.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central & Northern Arizona
- Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central and Northern Arizona has been serving families for 35 years. With three Houses in the Valley – two in Phoenix and one in Mesa – we strive to make life a little easier for families with children facing medical challenges.
- The families who benefit from RMHC travel far from home to receive treatment for their child at world-renowned pediatric centers located in metropolitan Phoenix. Their child’s treatment may last a day, a month, or sometimes even longer. It’s a long time to be away from home and often times commuting or staying at a hotel is either impossible or financially challenging for a family. RMHC is able to help families overcome these obstacles by providing low-cost, temporary housing that is near their child’s hospital or medical center.
St. Mary’s Food Bank
- St. Mary’s Food Bank serves to alleviate hunger through the gathering and distribution of food while encouraging self-sufficiency, collaboration, advocacy and education.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank is truly a community-based organization. Individual donors, corporate donors, and private grants help feed hungry individuals and families in our area. Serving 9 of Arizona’s 15 counties, we are committed to volunteerism, building community relationships and improving the quality of life for Arizonans in need.
AMANDA HOPE RAINBOW ANGELS
- Emergency funds for groceries, gas, utilities, etc.
- Catered “Meals of Hope” and cafeteria cards for families in the hospital
- Summer day camp for patients and siblings
- “Major Distraction” activities to help in-patient families deal with long-term stays (these include things like Spa Days, Craft Days, Teen Nights, and many more!)
- Comfort and Care counseling program with licensed counselors who provide outpatient counseling (free for the whole family!) and play therapy sessions
- For more information about their work, visit them at: amandahope.org
- Improves the quality of life of homebound cancer patients and aids in their healing process by providing healthy meals to their door step.
- Another way to help support this amazing Not for Profit Organization is to donate online at thejoybusdiner.com
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF CENTRAL ARIZONA
- (BBBSAZ) to support their work to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
- Visit BBBSAZ.org/Give to make your gift.
PHOENIX CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
- We provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families.
- Mom’s Pantry aims to serve the community and distribute resources that will provide nutrition to adults and children in need.
LIVING STREAMS CHURCH
- Their Mission is To be a healthy local church that creatively expands God’s kingdom.
- They are located at 7000 N Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85020 (602) 957-7500
HAVEST COMPASSION CENTER
- Since 2011, Harvest Compassion Center Phoenix / Maryvale has fed over 100,000 individuals. The HCC strives to be more than just a local food bank, it’s a one-stop shopping experience! HCC’s look like mini-marts and clothing boutiques, where clients are welcomed to shop and choose their most-needed food, hygiene, baby and clothing items all FREE of charge.